Tuesday, April 28, 2009

back in the pink


oy. It's been a weekend, let me tell ya! We went down to San Diego for a wedding and afterward we went dinner with friend at the California Pizza Kitchen. I was the only one to get a house salad...and I was the only one who ended up getting ILL!

At first I thought it was the salad, food poisoning, but after three days of "recycling" food and then some, I guess it was indeed just a flu. Low grade fever, CHILLS, and lots of harsh "ralphing", "tossing my cookies" or whatever euphemism you choose, achy, stiff neck and joints, and MAN!--- I changed the diagnosis!

Today I feel much better, still stiff, but I think that is just the arthritis kicking me in the knees. So wahooo! Good to be back!

add to sk*rt

7 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Sounds icky! I'm really glad to hear your feeling better, especially with a new little one in the family. I'm sure you want to be spending time with them instead of being sick, it's the pits.

Rynell said...

Glad you're on the mend!

Kathy P said...

Now that sounds like a memorable few days!!!

Honestly, did you think "swine flu" at any point?

The Hobbit said...

Gee s'mee,are you sure it wasn't swine flu.I hear there's an epidemic.Glad to hear you're still breathing,and not heaving.

Lisa M. said...

Ah, so glad you are feeling better. I love the photo.

It's amazing how different we can feel in a few days time.

Glad to be here.

S'mee said...

Thanks ladies! In regard to all "pandemic" in queries:

Trust me when I say- the worst way for a big gal to die is by the "Swine Flu", I mean really! How would that look in the obits? In all reality we *were* in MiraMesa when I got sick, and that was the same town where the 1st case was in CA...even still no cough, no sore throat, so no swine flu.

watergirl said...

Glad you are feeling better! My baby understands how you feel. That is how she spent Spring Break.