Thursday, January 01, 2009

Do One Thing! - reminder

Hey folks, it's New Year's Day - a great time to rotate items in your 72 hour kits and storage.

Dump the stored water on your plants, inside and outside, and refill your containers with fresh water.

Go through stored clothing for people who have changed their size over the past year or grown, add the correct sizes and repack the kits. Don't forget shoes, and outer wear as well.

Check prescription dates on stored meds in your first aid kits and rotate with fresh items.

Lastly just do a quick check on your supplies to look for trouble spots, water damage, loose wrappers, whatever. Tidy everything up and feel good about all your hard work this year on being prepared! See you Tuesday with a new item!

add to sk*rt

6 comments:

The Pea said...

I thought about our 72 hr. kits the other day and when I opened them I saw that we only had summer clothes in them. YIKES!!! If we had to leave our home right now my kids would freeze!

S'mee said...

Hehe! I remember doing that the first time out too! After a zillion years it will get easier! Yesterday we went through an ancient of days kit in the garage and whoa Nellie! Glad that I opened that baby up!

The Pea said...

What's an ancient of days kit???

S'mee said...

Many moons, ancient of days, long in the tooth, dog's age, all mean the same thing...


REALLY OLD! ; )

The Pea said...

Ok I am a bone head,(ready to laugh at me) I was thinking it was a brand or something?!?!?!

S'mee said...

hahaha! That's great! Hey...maybe we should market it?