Saturday, February 09, 2008

The really odd meme:

What kind of soap do you have in your bathtub/shower right now?
One bar of French milled soap, Thor's. One each of the following: SoftSoap Pink Grapefruit, Oil of Olay Body Ribbons, Oil of Olay Complete Body Wash, Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil, Homemade Body Sugar Slough, Dove Shampoo, Pantene Shampoo, Pantene Conditioner, Head and Shoulders Shampoo, Biolage Shampoo, Biolage Conditioner. yeah, there's a lot of stuff in there right now. (and I didn't even get into the pumice stones, loofas, or shaving stuff.)

What color or design is on your shower curtain?

Master bath has glass doors and a (needs to be thrown out, faded) creme coloured Brussels Lace valance. Guest/kids bath has a bright white chenille curtain and valance with a clear liner.

What would you change about your living room?
If I had carte blanche I would tear the walls out and reconfigure the whole of it to make it more 'large-family-visiting' friendly. However, that isn't an option, so what I would and probably by the end of the year will do is exchange the living room for the family room. Repaint, declutter, and actually polish the floors!

How many plants are in your home?
Sweet Marie. Too many to count. Seriously. I wanted a 'tropical' look so I have plants literally everywhere! That, and I love fresh flowers, so I usually have an arrangement in the family room and also on the table. This week I have 2 very large arrangements due to a special occasion. My house is crazy with plants right now.

Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?

Clean. I tend to turn it on late evening if I have a full load.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass. I can not stand plastic! Wanna terrify me? Force me to drink out of tupperware!

Do you have iced tea, made in a pitcher, right now?
No, I never would. I am not a huge fan of grass (or flower or spice or whatever) flavoured water. e-gads! blech!

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No, but it kind of sounds good even though I am freezing!

So, what is in your fridge?

Milk, cream, water, and a bottle of Naked Juice and Vitamin Water. A bowl of home made chicken stock (waiting for dinner!), Diet Dr. Pepper and diet Pepsi -both caffeine free-for Thor. Organic Omega3 eggs. Fresh Euro greens. CELERY!!! (lately I am really eating this stuff). Carrots, mixed peppers. Oranges. Goat cheese, sharp cheddar, and snack cheese wedges. Tortillas. Many condiments both sweet and savory. and, unfortunately leftovers.

What's on top of your refrigerator?

Ugh! I just this last week made a promise to myself to rid the top of the fridge of everything...you caught me! A 'lazy Susan', a large jar of cookie cutters, a floral bowl, and those little glass 'stones' to use in floral arrangements.

White or wheat bread?
Currently a really good multigrain with nuts and whole seeds....really good!

Comet or Soft Scrub?

Neither. Bon Ami for light clean up. Ajax with bleach for the sinks that can handle it, CLR for fiberglass on the fiberglass when it needs it. (which btw, I despise! Bring on the tile or rock or stone or cement...anything but fiberglass!)


Is your bed made now?

yikes, no. Can I use laundry day as an excuse??? I'm not doing laundry, but can I use it as an excuse?

Is your closet organized?
For the most part. We have extremely small closets and very little storage, so the closets get really filled. That said, everything has its' place. I organize by colour, sleeve length, season, and use. I use shoe racks. I have tap lights inside the sliding doors so I can see what's in there in the dark! There are baskets for towels. Specific shelf space for storage items, luggage, shelves for purses, you get the idea.

Can you describe your flashlight?
Our (block's) power goes out pretty much any time we have a storm or strong wind. So we have shake lights in the night stands, a rechargeable in the kitchen, another shaker at the entry. A huge 6volt and camp lantern type flash lights in the hall closet. Every car has a shaker. We have a lot of flash lights. (if they go bad we also have candles and kerosene lanterns!)

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Holy Holy. Right now it is full of things for a garage sale. (FEB. 22/23 BE THERE! BE THERE! BE THERE!) Hopefully after that, the garage will be amazing!

I would like to tag: the Middle Hip Sis, the Older Hip Sis, Mustang Sally and Susan! hey, I just wanna see what's in your fridge.

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Okay, I'll do it.

Rynell said...

I wish I lived close enough to contribute my stuff for your garage sale!

S'mee said...

C. thanks- I thought of you first, you know, foodies and all, inquiring minds want to know!

Rynell, I wish you lived close to, just for other reasons! But hey, send that old lamp! We'll try to sell it.