Monday, July 09, 2007

it's a tough job.....






but somebody needs to do it. Yup, being Thor's wife is delightful. We are off to another business trip, this time to the Aloha State of Hawaii. Land of rainbows, balmy evenings, incredible sunsets, palm trees to die for.
Thor has a conference that will keep him busy during the day, but you can bet we will find a few nights to sneak away from the co-workers and have a couple of dinners by ourselves. Oh, and the girls.
We feel like this may be the only opportunity we have to take the girls with us, so we have saved and planned and we are really excited to bring them along. They, of course, will be doing all kinds of snorkley-hikey-surfing-volcanic fun. I am so excited for them I can't stand it.
We are incredibly blessed. Never in my life did I ever think I would be so fortunate to see the places we have. I never thought I would be there with some of our kids! Thor has worked so hard all of his life. His job has been indescribably difficult at times. He had to sacrifice so much for the family in our younger days, and still does. His work then was so physically demanding; now it is more mental and emotionally so. He has a lot of pressure in his decisions. I know he thinks constantly about not only our family, but the families for whom he works. He prays for them, he prays he'll make the correct decisions for all the members in his stewardship. Those families are always on his mind, he never forgets how much responsibility he holds and he tries to live up to their trust. We really have been blessed with him in this particular job, and we never take it for granted.
We are both grateful to be able to attend this kind of a conference in such a beautiful place. Like I said, we never thought this was in the plans for us. We are so happy the girls can come along too!
So yeah, it's delightful being Thor's wife. Not just because of the trips to amazing places (although that is grand!) but because of who he is. I love him so much!
I will be gone for about a week or so. In the meantime, check in often to just gaze at what a beautiful world we have. I will take many photos, so watch out when I get back!
Aloha dear readers.

add to sk*rt

8 comments:

Robyn said...

have a great time! see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I'm jealous! Have fun, hope everyone has as great a time as I think they will!

Sally said...

Aloha! Have a great time. I think it's impossible not to in Hawaii. Eat everything you can find with lilikoi in it. (They're passionfruits.) And if you go to the Swap Meet near Pearl Harbor, there's a family that sells homemade jams. If you find them, buy a whole case of lilikoi jam--you'll want it!

Lisa M. said...

Ah, I am so happy for you!

Brianna said...

Have a fun trip and be safe! Tell the girls to get a great tan!

The Pea said...

WOW have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl. I finally did the 7 random facts tag, so when you come back you'll have to check it out.

Kim Carney said...

oh my gosh, you guys are quite the travelers. I am so excited for you all!