Saturday, September 02, 2006

Another Meme!

Lisa from "Lisa's Ramblings" has tagged me for this fun meme! So before I make a run to follow #5 back up to the BY-U, I'll give you even more navel gazing!!! Everything you wanted to know, and then some.
ME-ME-ME.. *grin*All you ever wanted to know about little ole me!

1. How often do you blog? I try to blog at least everyday, but lately have had (remarkably, not much to say) But I check in on the blog very often, like all the time. And much like everyone else I am totally validated by your comments, so please, validate me and make a comment!

2. Online Alias: S'mee, Betty Cooks (not my name), The Pillow Queen (pilokween), Mom of 5 kids, and Lisa Smith (also not my name, but coincidentally is the name of my most recent new friend...who knew?).

3. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? I have a tendency to do this a lot. Add nosy Rosie to the list above. If kids are involved I come unglued. About a month before school let out, I was at a light waiting my turn when three big kids began to pummel a smaller kid. I pulled over and began to interfere. I called 911, flagged down a guy in a truck to help until the cops showed up, yeah, it was a mess, but I couldn't sit there and watch a littler kid get beat up and just drive home to make dinner.

4. What do you do most often when you are bored? Bored? Who has time to be bored? If I have NOTHING else to keep my busy I draw, doodle, sing, dance, and drive around; sometimes those last three happen at the same time.

5. When bathing, which do you wash first? Before any bath I stand up and take a shower so I can relax and not think about how if I hadn't taken a shower I would be sitting in a hot bath of my own filth. Once I am in the bath I use a hand towel instead of a wash cloth, I drench it with as hot of water as I can stand and place it over, my face....very relaxing. Most o' the time I just shower, and then it is top to toes, efficiency.

6. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? Yes and it is not a good thing. S'mee needs her beauty sleep or everything gets ugly.

7. What color looks best on you? Red, and shades of red; which I hated as a kid because that is all the parental units put me in if I got new clothes. Now, ' don't mind so much, but my favorite look currently is bright pastel turquoise.

8. What's your favorite drink? Milk, ice cold and whole.

9. Do you believe in heaven and hell as a real place that each of us will go to after death? After death? Sometimes I believe we are already in both of those destinations(try the 90 at 2:30 without 'Speedpass')! Heaven=warm beach with Thor and family. Ahhhh! I prefer to think of it as Life before death, why wait? And when I die, yup, I am sure there will be versions of both then as well.

10. Do you find that you have more online friends than offline friends? nope -no way. In real life I have 32 friends named (various spellings of) Kathy. 32 Kathys. EEEE freaking GADS..there are other friends, whose parents weren't quite so trendy.

11. What was your favorite subject in school? Grade School: recess, Jr High: French, but I got kicked out with my best friend because we went three chapters ahead of the prescribed pace. This was the beginning of my love affair wth pencils, as the only available class was drawing. High School: Art, photography, crafts, and yup I really took a class on basketweaving. I graduated HS with a 3.8 GPA and NEVER took a science class of ANY kind. Go figure...it was the 70s.

12. Are you a perfectionist? I am an exact 50/50 split personality, so yes and no.

13. Do you spend more than you can afford? Everyone does at some time or the other. However, as a kid I learned that over spending is not a pretty thing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE finding a bargain. I try to keep within the prescribed family budget and have found that if we do go into debt, it is usually for a good reason and the debt is eliminated as quickly as possible.

14. Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have love before? I think that if I truly love someone I am the only one who can take that feeling from myself. If I love you, and you decide to walk away that doesn't mean that I have to stop loving you. I just need to know that you may not love me; and/or that you may not be around anymore. I can still keep you in my heart and treasure that. Love doesn't stop, go away, or get lost for me.

15. Do you consider yourself creative? yes.

16. Do you give yourself the credit you deserve? Not always, but most of the time. I am certainly better at this now than I was 5 years ago.

17. Do you donate time or money to charities? Yes, and I try to find new ways to do this all the time. No matter how bad things can get there are always folks who have it worse. Service and sacrifice were always a part of our lives and still are. Besides, there are so many ways to be charitable that finding one that is fun and enjoyable is rather easy to do.

18. Have you recently done something that you've criticized others for doing? I am a horrid person because criticize many things. Hello Kettle!

19. What's on your mind? Lately, getting a list of chores accomplished so I can start back on my art. The offspring are always there someplace, hey, I'm a mom. My calling at church; things are getting exciting in our area and, well, I anticipatinging changes, and curious where things will end up when the final decisions are all made.

20. Say one nice thing about the people you are going to tag!

Well, hmm, this is where it gets nutso. I went to publish this before I left for the BY-U and thought I had. When I came home and found it still in the editing compartment, well, now it seems a tad late to be tagging anyone.

Lisa was the gal who got this started for me, so Here's to Lisa! One busy mom with a heart as big as Texas. I am in awe of her writing. So much that she writes tugs at me because she is honest and humble and so into being a mom. She's a great mom at that. I think about her and her struggles and how well she handles them. She is inspiring and hilarious and she tells a pretty good story now and then. She is someone I would love to have lunch with. In my world that is one of the best compliments I have.

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Yep. Exactly as I thought, you are more of a perfectionist than me! So much for that virgo thing.

Also nice tribute to Lisa. I would have said the same thing had I read the meme correctly! (there's that pesky perfection thing again!)

Kristine said...

Hey S'mee,
How'd you end up with that as a nickname? I like it.

I'm surprised to hear you say you haven't had much to say. I really like your "voice" that comes through in your blogs.
It was good to get to know you a little better.

S'mee said...

Kristine, Thanks for the complement! I have waaaay to many nicknames, but I have a name in "real life" that begs to be teased, so it has happened all my life! S'mee. Well it is a shortened version of "It's me!", but also the name of Capt.Hook's good hearted first mate, who usually got orders wrong in order to make the Capt.look good and hopefully change his ways.

That's s'mee. I just erased a huge story about the first time I was accused as being a "s'mee." Perhaps I will blog about that (instead of commenting here) later.

Thanks Kristine! Now I have something to write about! lol

Thanks sis, but we know who has the brains in this operation!