Friday, July 08, 2005

Calling the Bridal Consultant in You...

A few years back I worked with a gal who was a Bridal Consultant. We did theme weddings, everything from cowpoke ceremonies to full blown Cinderella, complete with gazebos, and life sized pumpkin coach, horses, etc. We transformed walls, ceilings, and floors. We did everything from the design to the cake to the music, flowers, food, photos and limo. If we didn't have in stock what you wanted it was fabricated before the event date. Colour options were limitless and, if you could think of it, we would provide it.

That was then and this is now. I get inquiries all the time. What can I do for this or that, what would you suggest for blah blah blah... Today someone very important to me asked what I would do for her daughter's reception. She has a few ideas and I gave her some of mine. Now I pose it to you out there in the cosmos:

What have you done or seen or hope to see in a reception? What would you do to "entertain" the reception crowd? How would you "decorate"? Does it matter if it is in a cultural hall or should you rent a ballroom at a hotel, a barn, or historical sight? Casual or formal? Sit down or buffet? What is the new trend? What is your budget? What is the most important thing about the "party" part of the event?

I am looking for new ideas, something fresh and unusual. So what do you think? If it were up to you, what would you do?

add to sk*rt

No comments: